Sunday, January 19, 2014

FIRST MARATHON, FIRST BLOG

This is me at the starting line of my first marathon! I started running 2 1/2 years ago and I finally made it!





JANUARY 11, 2014
COASTAL TRAIL RUNS
WOODSIDE/CRYSTAL SPRINGS
TRAIL MARATHON








FINISH LINE!!

26.2 Miles
5:25:15
2nd Place Gender Age Group
6th Place Gender 
28th Place Overall










First marathon was a blast! Beautiful trails, perfect weather. 53 degrees with a light shower around mile 21.  Got stung by a bee at mile 9, and developed a little calf tightness toward the end. But overall, a great experience. Hubby was there to congratulate me at the finish line.  I was sore for a couple of days after, but I have been resting this week. Can't wait to get back out there and train for the next one! Hopefully a 50K or 50 miler! GO RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment